Training the next generation of participatory artists.
Creating Routes is a FREE practical training programme for BAME theatre makers who want to use their creative skills in community settings (e.g. working with groups in schools, community organisations, health settings, criminal justice etc.)
This programme is a collaboration between Talawa Theatre Company, Emergency Exit Arts (EEA) and Goldsmiths University of London. As a collective we have come together to help to diversify the participatory arts sector with artists from different cultural backgrounds. Our aim is to provide an alternative route into entering the sector, one that strikes a balance between the practical and the theoretical. Creating Routes trainees get the opportunity to develop the knowledge, skills and experience needed to gain employment in Participatory Arts sector.
Creating Routes alumni have gone onto work with: London Bubble Theatre Company, Young Vic, Birmingham REP, Imperial War Museum, Theatre Royal Stratford East, Battersea Arts Centre and of course EEA and Talawa.
Creating Routes is open to BAME theatre-makers aged between 18 and 25 years old.
- Committed to a career in participatory arts facilitation
- Skilled and experienced in performance/theatre-making (in any role; as a writer, performer, designer etc.)
- Passionate about using theatre and other art forms with young people and/or adults in community settings
- Willing to work and learn collaboratively (with peers and professionals)
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to work to high professional standards, i.e. punctual, organised and self-motivated
- Be committed and able to attend ALL of the designated dates
- Some experience of working in participatory arts
- Knowledge of other art forms or experience of working cross art-form
DEADLINE: 2 SEPTEMBER 2019
All applications should be sent by 2nd September 2019
Send the application by email to [email protected] OR post to Recruitment – Creating Routes, Talawa Theatre Company, Richmix 35-47 Bethnal Green Rd, London E1 6LA
You guys have fully turned me into a professional facilitator…with confidence!Creating Routes Trainee